outlook is not displaying body of email on plain text emails RRS feed

• Question

• I have fresh installation of Outlook 365 2016 on window 10 and something very strange is happening. The body of the email is not displaying, this only happens on emails that are sent as plain text. I can see the body of the emails without a problem on the web or from iphone mail app. I have disabled all 3rd party add-ins and I don't have an antivirus other than windows defender. What could it be?
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does it happen to already received HTML emails if we manually change it to Plain Text format? You can open one unimportant message, under Message tab, click Actions in the Move group, click Edit Message. Then go to Format Text tab, change the format to Plain Text and see what happens.

You may also go to File > Options > Mail > Stationary and Fonts, click the Font button under the "Composing and reading plain text messages" heading, check and make sure the Font Color was not set to 'White'.

Please let us know the result.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 3, 2018 7:04 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, the font is not set to white and the text is already plain text, the problem is that there is no text at all in the message, and the option to View Source is grayed out. Again, this only happens on messages that are sent as plain text, not in html based messages.
    Friday, August 3, 2018 1:18 PM
  • Thank you for the update. The View Source option is by default grayed out for Plain Text formatted emails. This is a normal behavior as it's impossible to view the source for a plain text message.

Is it possible to share such an email to us so that we can further look into it? If possible, you can send one to us via GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com. (Please include the URL of current thread in the message so that we can easily identify your message)

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:46 AM
  • Hello,

Any update here?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:38 AM