none
Quick Launch on document/list not the same as master (top) page. RRS feed

• Question

• We are migrating to sharepoint online and I have set up the quick launch (left) navigation the way we want on the main page. But if I click on a document library or list the navigation looks different (have to expand the lists etc). And the background color is lost. So it is not flowing down from the master page. How to I fix this? I don't see a navigation option on a library or list.

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How do you set up the quick launch (left) navigation the way you want on the main page?

And please share more detailed and intuitive information about this issue, such as screenshot showing the difference between before clicking and after clicking(Hide private information).

Best Regards,

Amos

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:54 AM
  • This is what I see on the main page. The quick launch navigation is set up under site settings/navigation.

But if I click on the "websites" link (which is a list), I see this - all the formatting is gone and I cannot find any navigation settings under the list:

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 12:51 PM
  • Hi,

Please check if the CSS file exists,and check if the CSS selectors are right.

Share your navigation settings and CSS file so we could try to research.

Best Regards,

Amos

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 9:34 AM
  • I finally had to go into each list and library and switch 'Display this list using the new or classic experience?' to classic experience. Is there a way to do this globally?
    • Edited by J-Bal Tuesday, June 9, 2020 7:37 PM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2020 7:37 PM
  • Hi,

You could use pnp powershell to set all list to classic experience.

Demo:

$username = "amos@contoso.onmicrosoft.com"
    $password = "Password"
    $cred = New-Object -TypeName System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -argumentlist $userName, $(convertto-securestring $Password -asplaintext -force)
    Connect-PnPOnline -Url https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/mysite -Credentials $cred
    $lists = Get-PnPList
    foreach($list in $lists){
    Write-Host $list.Title
    Set-PnPList -Identity $list -ListExperience ClassicExperience
    }

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/sharepoint-pnp/set-pnplist?view=sharepoint-ps

Best Regards,

Amos

Friday, June 12, 2020 7:33 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best Regards,

Amos

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 7:56 AM