none
why my article was removed without any explanation!! RRS feed

• Question

• hi , i published my post 10 hours ago , and edited 5 hours ago ... now i want to check it again but it doesn't exist !!! would you please help me what happened to my article or who remove it?! 

the error is:

Not Found: Resource Not Found
    The resource you requested does not exist

if my article was not related to Technet wiki and was removed, i think its better to send email and explain because i take time to translate this interview but was removed  without any explanation :( i saw this kind of interview in technet wiki and so i was sure that it would be good and accepted. : ((

this is the link:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/msgs/default.aspx?MessageID=6

Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:01 AM

All replies

• I remember the Wiki you published and translated it to see what it was. It was a translation of an interview. I think the original was in a blog post. The translation you published would have been appropriate as a blog post. It is not appropriate as a TechNet Wiki article. The Wiki is for articles about Microsoft technologies and how to use them, set them up, troubleshoot, etc., rather than interviews.

There is no good way to communicate with people that contribute in the Wiki. Best is to start a thread in the TechNet Wiki Discussion forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=tnwiki&filter=alllanguages

I can notify the people that deleted your Wiki. If you have seen similar interviews in the Wiki, do you have a link? I can only remember one other Wiki that was close to being an interview, and maybe it wasn't appropriate either, but that was years ago.

Also, your link is just the error message. Your profile activities tab reveals the title of the Wiki you published.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:31 PM
  • I really appreciate your time and thorough instructions.
    Monday, October 1, 2018 8:01 AM
  • Good day mahnaz and welcome to the forum;-)

I will start from the end:
    According to your description in this thread, your article was deleted for a good reason and it is not suitable as TechNet Wiki article.

Let me elaborate a bit more...

>> would you please help me what happened to my article or who remove it?!

TechNet Wiki articles are technical article and not personal blogs. It not the place to admire someone's activities and promote him, no matter what good he did for the community. Articles should be directly related to technologies and brings content like tutorials and technical information and not interviews! 

It seems to me in first glance that you totally confuse the blog of the TechNet Wiki with the TechNet Wiki itself.

The blog is a place where a group of people from the community were selected specifically to brings personal points of view, official announcements from the TechNet Wiki council, and so on. The blog includes several categories which interviews of the most valuable contributors to the TechNet Wiki is one of these categories. It make no sense that each person who want to promote someone or admire his activities will start a new article/blog in the official system. If you want to write a blog and you are not in the blogger's team then you can ask someone from the team to post it as a "guest's post".

>> i saw this kind of interview in technet wiki and so i was sure that it would be good and accepted. : ((

As I explain above, there are no interviews over the TechNet Wiki! If you find any article like this PLEASE INFORM ME, so we will be able to delete it.

All the interviews are in the TechNet Wiki Blog written by the TechNet Wiki bloggers team. This is probably the reason the article was remove.

>> i think its better to send email and explain

This is a good point but... How can we contact you if we need?!? The MSDN system does not include internal messaging system the your registration email is not exposed to the people that manage the system on the daily work.

This is an issue that we speak about for long time, and we hoe that the next version of the system will include internal messaging system (at least to the moderators to contact with users, exactly for cases like this).

At this time , there are only two options: (1) Most of the authors are members in the TechNet WIki Group on Facebook, which is the official community communication channel. If someone need to pass private massage to a member that is active in there then we can use the FB in order to connect with him. (2) the other option is simply to do without contact the user.

I got your request to join the TechNet Wiki Group on Facebook (FB). Unfortunately you did not answered any of the registration's questions :-(

With that being said, since I see your activity and I already see that you are member in the community I will approve your request (We do not approve anyone before we check his answers, take a look at his activities over FB and MSDN and if needed we contact him in private message on FB. I will approve your request in several minutes after I will finish to write this response

Here are my 2 cents and more information which you should read:

1. We used to have an active community and a unique group on FB for the Parisian language. Unfortunately all the activities of the Parisian group was ended several years back. The two members who managed the TechNet Wiki Parisian group left several years ago. We are still in contact but they do not do not have a proper internet access (I understand from one of them that he need to use VPN which is not available for him most of the time), or they do not have the time. As a result, there is no one to review new posts in Parisian language, and we remove the option to add new posts, until we will find a proper person for the role.

The Parisian blog was a failure IMO and the entire blog includes only something like 20 posts which all were written during 2014/2015.

At this time there is no Parisian language in the TechNet Wiki community.

2. You are more then welcome to contact me in private if you want to the job and if you think that you fit the role. We will be happy to re-open the Parisian group on Facebook. In the mean time and in any case, you are welcome to join the global group (where we speak in English) which is the main group if the community.

* Your activities log in the MSDN/TechNet shows that you come once every several months. 

3. The article you mentioned is in Parisian according to the title that you posted and google translator.

We had a lot of spam in the MSDN system in the Arabic language (I know Persian is not the same, but for someone from Europe RTL languages might look the same). There is a good chance that articles/messages in the TechNet or forum, which are posted in the global (English) system, were or will be removed by mistake since someone who thought that it is as spam. In this case we can probably simply restore the content with no problem (but this is not your current case).

That is for now :-)
    I will go to approve you request to join the TechNet Wiki Facebook group

Welcome to the TechNet Wiki global community :-)

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:13 PM
  • Just to add, I saw your Wiki article was deleted by Peter Geelen a few days ago. Just today he posted two versions of your article in the TechNet Wiki Blog. The first blog post is in the original language, the second post in English. In both he gives you credit as the author. You are the guest author of the blog posts. The links are:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/wikininjas/2018/10/02/guest-post-interview-with-one-persian-farsi-speaking-wiki-ninjas-mandar-dharmadhikari-fa-version/

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/wikininjas/2018/10/02/guest-post-interview-with-one-of-the-persian-farsi-speaking-wiki-ninjas-mandar-dharmadhikari-en-version/

Peter probably saw my post about your Wiki article in the Facebook group Ronen mentioned. As noted, we hope to have some way to communicate with contributors in the new version of the Wiki being planned. We don't want email addresses to be public.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:26 PM
  • By the way, this thread tootaly doea not fit here!

It should be posted in the TechNet Wiki forum, where the TechNet Wiki team (like my self) serves as Moderators and could provide the answer faster. I for example does not follow this forum ad I could not know that there is a question here, if Richard was not asking this in our official group on Facebook

The official forum for TechNet Wiki is in the "TechNet Wiki Discussion" forum
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=tnwiki&filter=alllanguages

The official Microsoft TechNet Wiki group on Facebook is here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TechNetWikiNinjas/

I hope this is useful for future question regarding the TechNet Wiki community (and I think that I provided the answer above)

signature   Ronen Ariely

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:32 PM
  • Peter did well :-)

This is exactly the best practice in this case. The content was not appropriate for the TechNet Wiki, but it is fits well to be published as guest blog. To clarify again, blogs and Wiki articles are totally different and are on different systems :-)

signature   Ronen Ariely

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:42 PM