Bluetooth headset, Skype and Vista - PLEASE HELP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a SE HBH-PV700 bluetooth headset and I would like to make it my audio device for Skype (3.5.0.202) under Vista (Home Premium) on my HP Pavilion laptop with built-in bluetooth communication. The devices are paired correctly, still I cannot hear system sounds with the headset, nor can I select it as my audio device - no such option (bluetooth, etc) is available.
    Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 10:34 AM

All replies

• I have a very similar problem - brand new dell PC with vista business, all updates.

Belkin bluetooth USB adapter - latest, vista compatible drivers.

the USB adapter installed fine. it found my bluetooth headset, got paired with it no problem - you can hear it beep in your ear when it pairs. The problem is I CAN'T SELECT THE HEADSET AS AN AUDIO SOURCE!!!

This is so frustrating - Microsoft, please put every link in the chain together so we can actually use all this expensive hardware and software.

There is no way to select the bluetooth device as an audio source in either Skype, or the windows sounds and hardware area.

I've successfully paired with 2 different headsets and neither can actually be used, despite pairing successfully

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:00 PM