none
Is this a technical support forum or a forum about MOF?????? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I thought this was a forum about MOF (4.0), yet we seem to be increasely receiving more post about technical issue totally unrelated to MOF. Is there a way make this clearer to poeple posting?
    Alistair
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:24 AM

All replies

• I don't know how it got started. I have replied to some leting them know but somehow this has become a dumping ground for technical support answers for every problem under the sun. Know how to plug a power cord in? :)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:52 PM
  • Yes, increasingly there have been numerous off-topic posts, which is one reason why I haven't been frequenting the board as often lately.   Unfortunately, since this is an unmoderated board, there's little to be done about that.  Some people just Google a topic, find a board, and start posting for help.   This is a problem twice since 1) it decreases the "signal-to-noise ratio" on the forum, and 2) is highly unlikely to get any help for the individual with the problem.
    Friday, April 24, 2009 8:49 PM
  • Isn't there a way to get this board moderated? After all, in all the MOF documentation Microsoft states that one of the main benefits of using MOF is it's online communitiy (this board). With all these off-topic posts the board is more or less death.

Vern
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 10:07 AM
  • According to the welcome header at the top forum is supposded to be moderated;
    Anyone know Jason ?

"Welcome to MOF 4.0 Online
    jasono1001MSFTMonday, April 28, 2008 3:56 PM

On behalf of the MOF team and the moderator staff, I’d like to personally welcome you to the new MOF Community at Microsoft. Here you will find an open forum for the discussion of all topics related to service management, MOF, and related process-based frameworks throughout the IT lifecycle.  Now that you are part of this community, we hope to see you actively participating and sharing. MOF integrates community generated processes, governance, risk, and compliance activities, and other industry best practices to provide guidance across the IT service lifecycle.  For us to continue to evolve these best practices in the face of ever shifting technology paradigms, we need your continued input and support.

Here at the MOF Community we invite you to post your questions, share your insights, tell us what you like, and by all means, what you disagree with.  If you have a service management problem you’re trying to resolve, share it and see if the community can help.  All we ask is that you remain respectful of everyone’s opinion and promote intelligent and responsible discussion. If you have any questions, problems, or concerns that don’t seem to be getting addressed by the board, feel free to e-mail us, the MOF team, or contact us via our Blog.

Thank you again for joining us here and for taking a look at MOF 4.0.  We look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome to the conversation!

Jason Osborne
    MOF Frameworks PM"

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:58 PM
  • If the topic talks about MOF or any suggestion using framework I try to help, but this forum really has many off-topics L

Regards,

Cleber Marques
    MOF Brazil Project: Simplifying IT Service Management
    www.mof.com.br | www.clebermarques.com | www.clebermarques.com.br
    Friday, May 22, 2009 11:23 PM