Black screen when logging off or switching users RRS feed

• Question

• hi all, 

i have a desktop pc which has windows 7 pro. i have two user account with it. one for my self and one is a guest account. i use this pc for long time. when i try to log off and it shows that it is logging off and then goes into the 'black screen'..nothing happens when switching user or other functions. just the logging off.. i've found out that this was due to the new antivirus( kaspersky internet security to be precise)  i have installed in week ago..nothing appeared until i tried to do the log off. and tried various solutions suggested by internet such as, 

sfc /scannow

uninstall an reinstall the internet security software.

re install/roll back the video driver. 

then i tried to boot in to safe mode and then found that i cant log in to guest account at all while  in the safe mode (not the main one). it says 'system cannot connect to the sens service contact your administrator'.

and then i tried solution(s) too

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/649327/windows-cannot-connect-to-sens-service-most-functions-disabled/

and then this :https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account-cant-logon-and-cant-connect-to-sens/c9c65bc0-eb23-4909-a058-100ad54ad273

none of them managed to solve the issue for me.

then somehow removing the antivirus (kaspersky) allowing me to log off and solving the issue. but i do not want to uninstall the kaspersky as i paid it for a year already... is there any walk around that i have missed in or procedures that i could resolve this issue of logging off and keep the paid antivirus suite at the same time?.

waiting for a quick reply.

thank you in advance :)

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried perform a clean boot? This will help you to eliminate the error (windows could not connect to the sens service).

Since you have found the third party application (kaspersky) caused the issue, you might refer to the following link for solutions:

How To Fix Black Screen Caused By Antivirus Software

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

I hope this will help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:26 AM
  • Was your issue solved?

If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:57 AM