none
File/Folder Recovery from Bare Metal Backup

Question

• Hi there,

I need to recover files and folders from Bare Metal Backup. It shows only the last 5 days as AVAILABLE. It says 8 successful Backups. I need to recover from earlier than that (40 days ago). 

Is it possible?

Thanks 

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you had enabled backup via Dashboard DEVICES Set up backup for this computer/server. As far as I know, there is backup retention policy which used to clear old backup, you can check your retention configuration to determine if the backup is still available.

Dashboard DEVICES – select specific device – Client computer backup tasks Retain monthly backups for

Based on this operation, the first backup of the month is retained as the monthly backup. and during restoration, select the option Restore from a backup that I select

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 4, 2018 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:21 AM