none
Clicking speaker phone freezes Skype for Business on BLU Win HD LTE RRS feed

• Question

• I just recently got the BLU Win HD LTE phone and have been trying to use Skype for Business on it. Every time I connect to a call, I attempt to select speaker phone, but it ends up freezing the app entirely when it happens. I need to close the app and restart it for my call to start up again. Every time I try to activate speaker phone, this happens.

Phone: BLU Win HD LTE: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/BLU-Win-HD-LTE---Unlocked/productID.316711500

Skype for Business: 6.3.1558.0

Windows Phone OS: 8.10.15137.148

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 4:46 PM

All replies

• Have you tried removing and re deploy of SfB client on the device?. Also, check if there's any updates available for it.

http://thamaraw.com

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 3:57 AM
  • Matthew,

I also suggest removing Skype for Business, rebooting the phone and reinstall Skype for Business. One question however, before selecting Speaker, do you actually have any alternative audio devices connected to your phone? Like Bluetooth or wired headset?

Best

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

You can try to uninstall other three party software and then test the issue again to avoid three party software affect.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 9:08 AM
  • Matthew,

I also suggest removing Skype for Business, rebooting the phone and reinstall Skype for Business. One question however, before selecting Speaker, do you actually have any alternative audio devices connected to your phone? Like Bluetooth or wired headset?

Best

I uninstalled SfB, restarted my phone, and re-installed Sfb and the issue continues to occur; though I honestly have no clue why everything seems to think this is always the "first step". Very rarely does uninstalling and reinstalling an app fix a reoccurring bug.

I do have some more information about it though:

- When you click the Speakerphone button, all 4 of the blue buttons and the red End Call button do not respond to input

- I am still able to swipe to text chat and swipe back to the conference

- I am able to bring up the lower context menu by pressing the "..." area, however all buttons and options on the context menu are selectable, but do nothing (EX: I click "Leave conference", but nothing happens)

- I can not enter any text into the conversations window

- I can no longer hear any sound from the conference call and can no longer project anything from my microphone

Additionally, no bluetooth devices or other accessories are being used at the time

Hi,

You can try to uninstall other three party software and then test the issue again to avoid three party software affect.

Best Regards

I'm not uninstalling all of my current phone apps as "third party software" would not affect SfB. Phone apps are specifically sandbox-ed to prevent these sorts of things from happening. Even when the phone is restarted clean and no additional apps are running, this issue continues to occur. So no other apps should be affecting SfB.

• Edited by MatthewOlivo Wednesday, March 23, 2016 5:23 PM Providing additional context
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 5:20 PM
  • This behavior is there both when connecting through LTE and Wifi connection correct ?

Linus

Thursday, March 24, 2016 3:55 AM
  • This behavior is there both when connecting through LTE and Wifi connection correct ?

Linus

Yes, this occurs when connecting both to LTE and WiFi

Friday, March 25, 2016 10:17 PM
  • Hi 

Looks like we might need some feedback from Winphone team to check if some one else also have the same issue. 

Could you also post the issue on Windows Phone forum as well 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/wpdp?auth=1

Linus

Saturday, March 26, 2016 4:02 AM
  • I just posted up a question over there. Hopefully I can get a useful response or a bug is filed on the WP team to fix this issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdwindows-mdapps/clicking-speaker-phone-freezes-skype-for-business/913426b4-fde2-4427-b5a0-144adecec0e2?tm=1460575890702

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:32 PM