none
Teams administration solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys!

Is there anyone out there who has built some kind of administration solution for all those MS Teams that people are alloud to start nowdays. I'm thinking maybe some nice SharePoint solution or whatever to help the organisations to keep track of all of the Teams coming up every day from users.. grateful for any ideas

BR /Michael

Monday, February 11, 2019 8:31 AM

All replies

• You have to be a bit more specific here. As an admin, you can keep track on this via the Teams admin center and PowerShell, so what exactly is missing from the current tools for your scenario?
    Monday, February 11, 2019 6:32 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Agree with Vasil L. Michev, as a Teams admin, we are using Teams admin center and Teams PowerShell to manage Teams and keep track of Teams. You could refer to the official document to find the details about Using Microsoft Teams admin roles to manage Teams. About Teams PowerShell you could refer to the document below: Microsoft Teams PowerShell

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:59 AM
  • Hi again

Thanks for your answers.
    What I mean is some function or a Sharepointlist where users and admins can see and have control over their own and others Teams etc.

Like an overview of all the Teams, people seems to forget their own Teams after a while and people change jobs and in the end nobody knows what Teams there is in the tenant and who's the owner, members, the originally use for the Team and so on. All companys doesn't have their own IT-personal and there is a need for more than administrators to have access to the info about the Teams in the companys tenant. I think there is a big need for something like this..

Do you understand what I'm looking for, hope I explained a little better.. :)

Best regards
    Michael Råberg

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Hi Michael,

If you want to find the details about the teams in your environment, you could use the following script: Office 365 Groups and Teams Activity Report. You will get details about each team and then you could manage teams according to the information. 

In addition, if you want to find the members in the team, you could try to use the command in the blog: 
    Get all microsoft teams groups with members and owners.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:56 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Monday, February 18, 2019 7:33 AM