none
SharePoint 2010 Trial to RTM RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to upgrade directly from SharePoint 2010 Trial version to RTM for production?

Is it possible to install Project Server on SharePoint 2010 Foundation in Windows 7?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:36 PM

Answers

• yes you can convert from Trial to RTM, assuming the trial version you got was an trial version of RTM and not BETA.  There is no supported upgrade from any version of Beta to any version of RTM.  To upgrade from a Trial version to RTM you just need to purchase an appropriate RTM key and then enter it in Central Admin by going to Upgrade and Migration > Convert Farm License Type.  If you are running a trial version there will be a text box on that page to enter the key for the purchased version.  Once that is done you are upgraded.

Project Server 2010 requires SharePoint Enterprise and can't be installed on Foundation.  I also doubt you could get it installed in a developer only install on Windows 7 even if you were using Enterprise.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    • Marked as answer by Nahcyrret Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:11 PM

All replies

• Project Server is not officially supported on Windows 7.

I do not thing you can convert sharepoint trial to RTM, but it is the best to contact Microsoft Licensing Team

With kind regards
    Krystian Zieja
    http://www.projectnenvision.com
    Follow me on twitter
    My Blog
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:46 PM
  • yes you can convert from Trial to RTM, assuming the trial version you got was an trial version of RTM and not BETA.  There is no supported upgrade from any version of Beta to any version of RTM.  To upgrade from a Trial version to RTM you just need to purchase an appropriate RTM key and then enter it in Central Admin by going to Upgrade and Migration > Convert Farm License Type.  If you are running a trial version there will be a text box on that page to enter the key for the purchased version.  Once that is done you are upgraded.

Project Server 2010 requires SharePoint Enterprise and can't be installed on Foundation.  I also doubt you could get it installed in a developer only install on Windows 7 even if you were using Enterprise.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    • Marked as answer by Nahcyrret Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:11 PM