none
Project Server 2010 service pack 1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've recently installed SharePoint 2010 service pack 1 and Project Server 2010 Service pack 1.  Our Sharepoint site came back up fine but our sharepoint/pwa(project server) site has has not.  I'm recieving the below errors:

1) There is a compatibility range mismatch between the Web server and database "ProjectServer_Published", and connections to the data have been blocked to due to this incompatibility. This can happen when a content database has not been upgraded to be within the compatibility range of the Web server, or if the database has been upgraded to a higher level than the web server. The Web server and the database must be upgraded to the same version and build level to return to compatibility range.
    Event Xml:

2) Cannot start queue. SSP: 18d74d51-4e96-41fa-bf9b-9f683bb1b85a  SiteUID: 9732f29e-52be-4ad6-83a5-bf2b7f9df4db Url:  Queue: ProjectQ

All services are running.  Can anyone offer any ideas on a solution?

Thank you,

Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:17 PM

Answers

• That was what caused the issue.  The account the config wizard used didn't have the proper permissions on the SQL server.  I re-ran the wizard but the DB's still were not updating.  I had to run the following command:

1. Open an Administrative command prompt.
    2. Change directory to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN
    3. Run PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures

Everything is now back up and running.

Friday, May 11, 2012 1:54 PM

All replies