Disable Projector Auto-switch RRS feed

• Question

• Our school IT department has purchased 56 Dell laptops with Windows 7 Professional x32. We also have projectors installed in the classrooms. The projector cables are plugged into Dell E-port docking stations. The problem is that even with the projector in standby (off), it still communicates with the computer. Therefore Windows 7 automatically enables dual display clone and re-sizes to a 4:3 ratio in pillar box format. This will certainly draw complaints from the teachers. Is there a way to disable this auto-switch function? That way they could use the "Fn+F8" hot key to enable the projector when needed and disable it to return the screen to the 1280x800 resolution. I have tried changing UseIviewHelper to 0 in the registry without success.

Sunday, December 19, 2010 3:36 PM

Answers

• Try holding the Windows Logo key and typing a P.  This selection should be automatically remembered (it works for me when I connect my projector system, that is, it won't switch until I again use the Windows-P combination).

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, December 27, 2010 1:39 AM
    Sunday, December 19, 2010 5:02 PM