none
Windows 10 Mobile M$ Authenticator App: No notifications being received. RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Authenticator App v 6.0.13

Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.14393.693

I've tried everything; uninstalling the app, resetting the phone, re-setting up accounts. All to no avail. No notifications are received, so I can't make use of the tap-to-verify feature.

The feature is broken for personal (MSA) and work (Azure AD) accounts.

This used to work, but at some point last year it stopped.

I'm afraid I don't know whether the app broke after an OS or app update.

I only use Windows Phones, so I don't know if the same problem exits on Android and iOS mobiles.

Is this a known issue? If it is, when will it be fixed?

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 12:17 AM

All replies

• If I recall correctly, this was an issue with the OS not handling notifications to the Windows Phone app. Are you able to update the phone OS? 
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 12:19 AM
  • Hi Libby,

The phone is on the Preview ring of the Insider Programme and the OS has been updated more than once since the issue first surfaced.

As far as I remember, the phone has been wiped and the OS reinstalled from scratch at least once, possibly twice, since the Authenticator App first stopped showing notifications.

There was a period where I could get the notifications to work by taking the phone off the Insider Programme, but as soon as I rejoined the Insider Programme the app stopped receiving notifications again.

I believe this trick no longer works.

Glyn.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 12:49 AM
  • Hi Glyn,

In my test, I had install Authenticator APP on my windows phone (Version 1607), it works fine. Maybe we can upgrade your phone to this version.

“but as soon as I rejoined the Insider Programme the app stopped receiving notifications again.”

For test, please keep your phone off the Insider Programme to see if the error has occurred again.

Best regards,

Jason Ye

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 10:09 AM
  • My phone is already running 1607.

As I stated in my first post, it is on Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.14393.693

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:51 PM
  • Again, there were issues with notifications in earlier OS versions (see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_call/problem-with-notifications-whatsapp-outlook-gmail/20d26516-7186-4ec0-82e1-209433c9f9ac for example.) 

One more thing to try -- can you go into "Notifications & Actions" setting, and confirm the app is listed, and notifications are turned on? 

Thursday, March 9, 2017 10:59 PM