Looking for a little guidance here RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am working on my MCSA. Right now, I am just trying to pass 70-410.  I downloaded Windows 2012R2 iso and burned to disc.  I have a new Windows 10 box that I reformatted and installed the Win 2012R2 install disc.  I have 2TB HD and 12GB of Ram.  During the case of the install I got the message that all the files couldn't be downloaded and was reverting changes.  This happened Saturday March 4.  I cannot get out of this loop.  I downloaded a new iso and burned to a new disc and have tried booting from a USB stick and nothing.  Please help as taking the labs, for me, is useless without actually driving the car.  I want to install the 2012R2 and a Hyper V host to help facilitate testing and understanding.  Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Will Underwood

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 12:46 PM

All replies

• It could be an issue with hardware support. Its also possibly the download is corrupt. There are many caching devices used by ISPs on internet and it could be the cached copy is corrupt and you are download the same bad file over and over. Might also try from a coffee shop or other location to get a different download.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:26 PM
  • Thank You!  I greatly appreciate the feedback.  Have a great day!
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:52 PM
  • You're welcome.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 1:38 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If Dave's reply helped,please mark it as answer,thank you.

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:05 AM