Adobe Flash Player updater RRS feed

• Question

• Wasn't getting adobe flash updates and check spybot teatimer and it said it deleted C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_11_3_300_271_Plugin.exe.  So thinking that this was mistake.  I allowed it in start up.  Maybe made a big mistake.  Because when I restarted 764pro, an adobe window came up wanting to uninstall flash, ok, maybe it needs to install a new one...  So no new one was installed and adobe wasn't working in moz, but the 11.3 plugin was working in chrome.  Ok.  So go back and get 11.4 flash, put it in and everything seems fine.  I'm just wondering if the above file was some sort of malware.  So I blacklisted it on teatimer and it hasn't come up since.  I did check in that folder and adobeflashupdateservice.exe is there, but not the flshutil file.  That's gone.  I've run numerous scans over the weeks with malwarbytes free, spybot, ms sec essentials and nothing has been found and nothing funny is happening with the system so far.  So I don't know.  Anyone know.

Thanks again all,

shawn

Monday, September 10, 2012 9:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can try to uninstall Adobe Flash Player via the uninstaller.

Flash Player Help / Uninstall Flash Player | Windows

And then, please try to install the latest one and see how it works.

If issue persists, as the issue is related to Adobe Flash Player,  it is recommended to contact Adobe Support for help.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Mohammed imtiyaz Ali Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:17 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:54 AM
  • Just remove the old applications that you install,,the flash player,,then make updates the system will look new updates for your machine.If the same thing happen again try to visit adobe site for new version nad compatibilities.

Hope it is helpfull to you.

Thnaks  

Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:41 AM