Citrix version 4.5 Application RRS feed

• Question

• I have Published one Application(XXX) in Citrix 4.5 software   these configuration has been done in server 2003.

The client how are connected to the application through citrix program neighborhood in that i have added ICA connection to published the application to access on client pc.

But i m facing some problem in few pc's. If they want to print any file error is coming and the session is disconnected. 

ERROR:- 

Buffer overrun detected!

Program: XXX.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
    internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must
    now be terminated.
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:38 AM

Answers

• Better forum is here http://www.citrix.com/support

HTH

Milos

• Proposed as answer by blair deng Friday, March 7, 2014 5:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Friday, March 14, 2014 9:12 AM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:08 PM
  • Hi,

As I know, Buffer overrun detected errors are usually caused by data that has been externally introduced to your C or C++ coded software. Excess data is also a cause of such issues. You may experience program crashing, or malicious software may be executed on your system due to the vulnerabilities the untrustworthy data has exploited in the software. If you copy data that has not been checked into software, you can be the cause of buffer overrun detected errors.

I would like to share the following steps to check the issue:
    1. First you need to download the latest security patches, service patches, and hotfixes for your version of Windows. You can do this through the Windows Update service.
    2. If it is available, download and install a newer version of all the non-Microsoft software.
    3. If your firewall is not currently enabled, then install or turn on your firewall.
    4. Upgrade to the latest version of Citrix Presentation Server Client for Windows.

In addition, Citrix forum would be the best place to ask Citrix related questions as Milos mentioned. I would suggest you to post your questions over there. In this way, your issue can be fixed efficiently.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 7, 2014 5:21 AM

All replies

• Better forum is here http://www.citrix.com/support

HTH

Milos

• Proposed as answer by blair deng Friday, March 7, 2014 5:21 AM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:08 PM
  • Hi,

As I know, Buffer overrun detected errors are usually caused by data that has been externally introduced to your C or C++ coded software. Excess data is also a cause of such issues. You may experience program crashing, or malicious software may be executed on your system due to the vulnerabilities the untrustworthy data has exploited in the software. If you copy data that has not been checked into software, you can be the cause of buffer overrun detected errors.

I would like to share the following steps to check the issue:
    1. First you need to download the latest security patches, service patches, and hotfixes for your version of Windows. You can do this through the Windows Update service.
    2. If it is available, download and install a newer version of all the non-Microsoft software.
    3. If your firewall is not currently enabled, then install or turn on your firewall.
    4. Upgrade to the latest version of Citrix Presentation Server Client for Windows.

In addition, Citrix forum would be the best place to ask Citrix related questions as Milos mentioned. I would suggest you to post your questions over there. In this way, your issue can be fixed efficiently.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 7, 2014 5:21 AM
  • I have Published one Application(Amn32.exe) in Citrix 4.5 software   these configuration has been done in server 2003.

The client how are connected to the application through citrix program neighborhood in that i have added ICA connection to published the application to access on client pc.

But i m facing problem in few pc's. If they want to print any file error is coming and the session is disconnected. Att:- What do you think the problem is from Server side or the client PC itself ....???????????????

or i have to change in virtual memory of A paging file is an area on the hard disk that windows uses as if it were RAM on both Server and Client pc .

Please help me to solve the Error:-
    Monday, March 17, 2014 3:04 PM