none
Disable the “View on the desktop” option on IE 10/11 modern apps RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to disable the “View on the desktop” option on IE 10/11 modern apps in order to prevent the user from starting the desktop version of IE 10/11?

Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm sorry for couldn't understand your means.

Actually, there is no option in registry and GP for us to disable this option. Metro IE is an APP in windows 8, and it's setting was integrated, just like other APPS,  it's API isn't public. we couldn't make any change on Windows level.

Friday, August 2, 2013 3:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try the method below.

Open Internet opinions->Programs.

Then choose "Always open in Internet Explorer" in How do you open link option.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:05 AM
  • I know very well the option you mentioned. Even checking that option a user is able to launch the desktop version of IE 11 going on Page tools and clicking on "View on the desktop".

I want to completely prevent the user to be able to launch the desktop version of IE 11.

Thanks

Regards

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:12 PM
  • Remove the RequiresActiveX=true x-ua from your pages or server response headers.

Post questions about html css and scripting for website developers to the MSDN IE Web Development forum with a link to your website.

the IE Developer documentation can be found here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ie/hh828809(vs.85)

Rob^_^

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:39 PM
  • Rob, my question has nothing to do with developing a website. I simply want to know if there is a way to completely disable the option to launch the desktop version of IE 10/11 from the modern IE 10/11 apps.

Regards

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:50 PM
  • Hi,

IE don't have "Lunch IE in Windows 8 mode" function, So we couldn't realize your attempt untill now.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 1:35 AM
  • My question has nothing to do with "Lunch IE in Windows 8 mode". I simply want to completely disable the attached IE 10/11 modern app option.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:20 PM
  • [image of W8 MUF IE Page Tools menu]

Stand by for more than just that to be concerned about then in MUF IE11

MUF IE11 Page Tools menu

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:43 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I'm sorry for couldn't understand your means.

Actually, there is no option in registry and GP for us to disable this option. Metro IE is an APP in windows 8, and it's setting was integrated, just like other APPS,  it's API isn't public. we couldn't make any change on Windows level.

Friday, August 2, 2013 3:14 AM