Windows server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I use Vmplayer virtula. I installed 2 windows 7 , 3 windows server 2008.

All joied to the domain.

I add on 25 users in OU server manager.

I try to sign in with one of these user from windows 7 machine to the Domain.

I can not. What is the solution ?

When i try to sign in it say password or user name not correct.

Thank you

Friday, June 29, 2012 11:45 AM

Answers

• It is little bit simple...If u have 2 Windows 7 and 3 Windows 2008 servers, then make any one of the server as Domain using DCPromo. Make sure u have static IP address for the domain, which is the root and New Domain In New Forest. After completion of Active Directory you can create the user accounts. Later you can add the remaining Windows 7 and 2008 servers as clients with the IPV4 stating Default Gateway as your Domain IP Address. Make sure u keep NAT on Network configuration instead of Bridge.  And one more thing under MyComputer -> Properties -> Change Settings , keep the domain instead of workgroup. When asking for credentials while connecting the clients give domain admin credentials.  Use VMWare WorkStation-10 for virtualization. 
    Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hello,

We need more information to help troubleshoot this issue. How is the network topology in your environment? What roles are installed on three servers? Which server(s) is domain controller?

1. You have two Windows 7 VMs, say VM1 and VM2. Is VM2 a cloned copy of VM1? Also, are those three Windows Server 2008 VMs cloned?

If so, please run Sysprep tool to clean the user-specific and computer-specific settings. Referring to the URL below.
    http://jameskovacs.com/2008/10/15/how-to-sysprep-windows-server-2008/

2. Does this problem happen with all 25 accounts you created? Can you log in your domain on the servers?

3. Are DNS correctly configured to point to your DNS server? Post the unedited ipconfig –all output of your servers and clients.

Thanks
    Zhang

Monday, July 2, 2012 4:37 AM
  • Hi Zhang,

1. Non of the windows cloned or copy. Each windows 7 installed separatly, and the windows server 2008 too.

2. With all user except one what i tired at the begening when i add on. With this user i can sign in. I can log on with my domain.

It is a bit difficult to explain i just start to learn windows server 2008

If you could write a mail address that would be easier to explain.

I could attache pictures with the snipping tools in the windows.

Thank's

Monday, July 2, 2012 7:10 PM
  • It is little bit simple...If u have 2 Windows 7 and 3 Windows 2008 servers, then make any one of the server as Domain using DCPromo. Make sure u have static IP address for the domain, which is the root and New Domain In New Forest. After completion of Active Directory you can create the user accounts. Later you can add the remaining Windows 7 and 2008 servers as clients with the IPV4 stating Default Gateway as your Domain IP Address. Make sure u keep NAT on Network configuration instead of Bridge.  And one more thing under MyComputer -> Properties -> Change Settings , keep the domain instead of workgroup. When asking for credentials while connecting the clients give domain admin credentials.  Use VMWare WorkStation-10 for virtualization. 
    Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:33 AM