UAG and Blackberry RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Do anybody have any idea regarding  UAG support for blackberry as the client device? 

we are able to access the uag portal on iphone, anroid and windows device but not on the blackberry device.

Did anyone try this and did they have any success in this?

Ashish

Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Ashish,

I'm not sure what symptoms you are actually seeing ("unable to access" is rather vague), but BlackBerry is not a supported platform for UAG anyway, so you should suggest to your customers not to use it.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:11 PM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Ashish, 

UAG is not working with the BB Browser. 

Patrick

Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Hello Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.

If you try IE on bb it wont work either.

So my question is is there any fix that will enable it to work on BB device.

Ashish

Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:51 PM
  • Hi Ashish,

I'm not sure what symptoms you are actually seeing ("unable to access" is rather vague), but BlackBerry is not a supported platform for UAG anyway, so you should suggest to your customers not to use it.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:11 PM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:11 PM
  • Ben,

If I read your above statement correctly, UAG currently does not allow BlackBerry devices access to content published behind it?  If that is the case, is there a plan to support BlackBerry at some point in the future?  Are there any workarounds?  I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to UAG and my company has it configured and in place and we are also getting an authentication error. 

Thanks for your assistance with this!

Rob

Monday, May 23, 2011 5:03 PM
  • For what it's worth.  We have found that some of the newer bb devices work with UAG to our sharepoint.  Older devices only work with Opera Mini 4 thus far...

Regards,

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:00 PM
  • Just curious did anyone ever find anything else to get the older blackberries to work?    We've confirmed it does work on a blackberry 10 but we aren't close to rolling that out yet.

Thanks

Monday, November 11, 2013 7:26 PM