How to go back to the previous state? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have configured auto install approved updates for my servers. Can some one tell me what I should do if something goes wrong like application broken for client? How can I restore my server to the previous state when the updates are not installed?

Thanks,

Grace

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:16 AM

Answers

• Hello,

As far as I know, if update fails to install, windows client should roll back to previous state. For some software applications, maybe failing to install update do not roll back all files related. This way, you may try to use the install media of the software to do recovery. 

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by graceyin39 Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:50 PM
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Hello ,

1.You should create a group of test computers , approve the update there first and test all applications for couple of days then approve on the rest 

2.if any application got broken you can approve for removal the update this will uninstall  the updates and then you can decline so they dont show up when checking for updates 

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

As far as I know, if update fails to install, windows client should roll back to previous state. For some software applications, maybe failing to install update do not roll back all files related. This way, you may try to use the install media of the software to do recovery. 

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Hello ,

1.You should create a group of test computers , approve the update there first and test all applications for couple of days then approve on the rest 

2.if any application got broken you can approve for removal the update this will uninstall  the updates and then you can decline so they dont show up when checking for updates 

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 1:54 PM
  • Thank you Yan!

Grace

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:51 PM
  • Thank you Alaa!

Grace

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:51 PM