Delete and reload all BP data RRS feed

• Question

• I deleted all my blood pressure readings because they were invalid. (the dates in my BP machine were wrong) But when I tried to upload a new set of readings, it wouldn't upload anything because it said they were up to date.  

How can I reset my account so that all the now valid readings in my device will be uploaded?  In other words, I want my account to think that NOTHING has ever been uploaded to it.

Jim

Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim, I am assuming you are using HealthVault Connection Center (HVCC) to upload your data. HVCC stores information in HealthVault to help it prevent duplicates. Unfortunately, if you upload items to HealthVault, and then delete them, there is not a great way to re-upload the items easily. We are aware of this limitation and apologize for the difficulty. Again, there are no easy ways to accomplish this, but there is an advanced way that I will describe below.

These instructions allow you to delete HVCC sync information on your PC and in HealthVault, which allows you to re-upload items:

1. Uninstall HealthVault Connection Center from your PC using Add/Remove Programs

2. Sign in to HealthVault at www.healthvault.com

3. Click Health information in the left navigation bar

4. Click Application-Specific Information

5. Delete the items that are called "SyncMetadata" Note: if you have multiple devices, deleting these items could also cause other devices to upload duplicate items using HVCC. If you have only one device, then that isn't a problem.

6. Install HVCC (https://www.healthvault.com/connection-center/)

7. Follow the steps in HVCC to upload data from your device. It will re-upload any items on your device.

Monday, January 27, 2014 7:37 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure if this will work, but have you tried emptying the deleted blood pressure readings from the trash can?

You can go to Health Information, then in the actions bar, there's View Trash option.  You can delete the blood pressure readings from there and that might work.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 6:30 PM
  • Hi Jim, I am assuming you are using HealthVault Connection Center (HVCC) to upload your data. HVCC stores information in HealthVault to help it prevent duplicates. Unfortunately, if you upload items to HealthVault, and then delete them, there is not a great way to re-upload the items easily. We are aware of this limitation and apologize for the difficulty. Again, there are no easy ways to accomplish this, but there is an advanced way that I will describe below.

These instructions allow you to delete HVCC sync information on your PC and in HealthVault, which allows you to re-upload items:

1. Uninstall HealthVault Connection Center from your PC using Add/Remove Programs

2. Sign in to HealthVault at www.healthvault.com

3. Click Health information in the left navigation bar

4. Click Application-Specific Information

5. Delete the items that are called "SyncMetadata" Note: if you have multiple devices, deleting these items could also cause other devices to upload duplicate items using HVCC. If you have only one device, then that isn't a problem.

6. Install HVCC (https://www.healthvault.com/connection-center/)

7. Follow the steps in HVCC to upload data from your device. It will re-upload any items on your device.

Monday, January 27, 2014 7:37 PM