none
During Task Sequence the Computer needs username and password to access a share on the deployment server. RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of creating a new task sequence that creates a reference machine for me. I am at the end of the process but whenever my task sequence gets to a part where I need it to copy some files from a folder on the server it fails. I noticed that once it failed I tried navigating to that network folder and it said that it needed a username and password to get in. Other computers on the network can get to the folder just fine as it is shared with everyone. My question is how can I make it so that the imaging computer just has access so it does not prompt for a username and password?
    Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:52 PM

All replies

• A computer that is being deployed is logged in as Administrator and is using whatever password you assigned that account or didn't is you left it blank. When it tries to access the network share it will do so using the Administrator account. The machine with the share must have the same password for Administrator otherwise it'll reject the connection.

You could just write a script or batch file and import it into MDT as an application so that those files are on the deployment share, which it can already talk to. Your script can then just copy those files.

Example:

oFSO.CopyFile oUtility.ScriptDir & "\Source\override.ini", oENV("ProgramFiles") & "\Mozilla Firefox\", True

Daniel Vega

Friday, April 13, 2018 2:54 PM
  • Actually I got around it by adding a net use batch file at the start to connect to the folder and then at the end a command to disconnect that share.
    Saturday, April 14, 2018 3:11 AM