none
Problem with opening sound in control panel.

Question

• Hello

In my company we use restricted by GPO profiles for our RDP employers, they can only run listed programs and can't change the system settings. We instaled new program and he needs to use windows sound for errors but standard sounds are to queit. I want change this sound to another but im stuck ;/  I turned off policy for blocking control panel i can't get to him on employers account but i can't run sound options. I get error that i have no permission. I added control panel exe to policy, which more exe should i add to get sound menu working? Our DC is Windows Server 2003.

PLZ HELP 

Friday, January 29, 2016 3:22 PM

All replies

• You're asking us how to defeat the policies which your company has put in place? Instead, how about you ask them if they'd be willing to make an exception.

Having said that, you shouldn't have to open the control panel to adjust the volume.

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Baseline Technologies

Saturday, January 30, 2016 2:35 AM
  • Hi,

First, please understand that Windows Server 2003 is out of support. It is suggested to upgrade the newest version to get better user experience and embrace the new feature.

From your description, I understand that employers accounts have no permission to open Sound options in Control panel even after turning off the policy for blocking control panel, is it right?

1. Can you open the other features in control panel?

2. Have you verified that the policy was successfully applied to the clients?

You could try to open the Sound option via command line:

Start - Run - mmsys.cpl

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 01, 2016 7:51 AM
  • Sry me english is not so good ;/ Im a IT admin and I NEED to fiend which police blocks opening the sound options in control panel. 

We thinking on upgrade to WS 2012 R2 but for now our comapny has no money after building new HQ ;/

1) I can open most of them when i show them but normaly i hide them with police and only sound is showed. 

2) Polices applied successfull .

3) I can't open run we blocked it with polices and i want to minimalize what our employes can use .   

• Edited by Newlo1 Monday, February 01, 2016 8:02 AM
    Monday, February 01, 2016 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

Please run gpresult /h report.html from an elevated commandline, examine report.html and paste them directly in our forum so that we can make further analysis.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 05, 2016 8:28 AM