none
Project Server 2010/ Portfolio Analysis/ Available resource capacity/ Limit for max units per resource RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Forum,

i'm trying to implement EPM2010 as a Portfolio Planning tool in an environment where no regular/ personalized resources may be implemented to depict capacity. As a work-around i'll try to use work-resources per department and skill-profile that aggregate the available real capacity. Therefor i would like to know, what is the recommended maximum for max units of a resource, 1000% seem to work.

Best regards

Philipp

Monday, May 14, 2012 7:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Philipp

There is no recommended max units for a resource, for a portfolio scenario it is probably best to set it to represent the amount of real resources who have that skill in the dept, so a dept of 5 BAs would have a max resource of 500%.  

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Monday, May 14, 2012 8:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Philipp

There is no recommended max units for a resource, for a portfolio scenario it is probably best to set it to represent the amount of real resources who have that skill in the dept, so a dept of 5 BAs would have a max resource of 500%.  

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Monday, May 14, 2012 8:07 PM
  • Hi Ben,

thank you for the validation. I guess that regarding the discrimination of capacity per department and role we will not need to excessively increase the max units value and an order of magnitude of about 1000% should be sufficient.

Best regards

Philipp

• Edited by PhilippH Friday, May 18, 2012 7:09 AM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:51 AM