none
EDR RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am trying to add new resource to my list, so I can assign them to my projects.

Under the resource page, there is an option to associate a resource with a user account.

When I click this, I have to select an EDR? What is EDR?

I have some active users in Project Lite, but nothing is showing here:

EDR

Any recomendation will be welcome!!

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards,

Ignacio

Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:35 PM

Answers

• Ignacio,

EDR stands for "Estructura Detallada de Recursos" which is the translation for RBS (Resource Breakdown Structure). Like Gary said, this is not a required field.

As for the other error you are seeing, the username should match the name in your AD (Active Directory) group, so if "Celso" is in AD as LastName, Celso or maybe it is CLastName, so try finding him by typing his last name first or some other combinations. Make sure you are entering the user name information in the "User logon account" section (I think you are, incorrectly, trying to use the RBS/EDR dropdown:

Hope that helps! (Please mark as an answer if it did!)

George TU

• Marked as answer by isa7667 Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:51 PM
    Monday, July 28, 2014 7:19 PM
  • Indeed you have to distinguish:

• The user account which is a mandatory parameter of the resource if you need it to also be a user who can connect to Project. The user account must be a valid AD account with the domain name.
    • The RBS (or EDR) which a non-mandatory attribute used to manage data access and visibility for a security purpose. Note unless you are trying to do, the RBS field is plugged on a lookup table with the same name that you have to populate in order to use the RBS field for your users. Meaning that you cannot type a RBS value directly in the field.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, July 28, 2014 8:43 PM

All replies

• Seems like that is the RBS (Resource Breakdown Structure) field, translated..

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:29 PM
  • Ignacio, this is a built-in custom field, that you do not have to use as it is not required.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, July 11, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Hi Gary! thanks for your help!

I'm a bit stuck with the assignment of new resource. It turns out I can add a resource, but it is not possible to associate this resource to my users. This is the message I see: "there is no items to display" I change the language to english to also show my screen. 

Any suggestions?

• Edited by isa7667 Monday, July 21, 2014 10:11 PM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 10:07 PM
  • Ignacio,

EDR stands for "Estructura Detallada de Recursos" which is the translation for RBS (Resource Breakdown Structure). Like Gary said, this is not a required field.

As for the other error you are seeing, the username should match the name in your AD (Active Directory) group, so if "Celso" is in AD as LastName, Celso or maybe it is CLastName, so try finding him by typing his last name first or some other combinations. Make sure you are entering the user name information in the "User logon account" section (I think you are, incorrectly, trying to use the RBS/EDR dropdown:

Hope that helps! (Please mark as an answer if it did!)

George TU

Monday, July 28, 2014 7:19 PM
  • Indeed you have to distinguish:

• The user account which is a mandatory parameter of the resource if you need it to also be a user who can connect to Project. The user account must be a valid AD account with the domain name.
    • The RBS (or EDR) which a non-mandatory attribute used to manage data access and visibility for a security purpose. Note unless you are trying to do, the RBS field is plugged on a lookup table with the same name that you have to populate in order to use the RBS field for your users. Meaning that you cannot type a RBS value directly in the field.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, July 28, 2014 8:43 PM