Content editor Webparts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi..

I have a page which has content editor webparts.. i want to reduce the size of each webpart using sharepoint designer 2010.. can anyone help me ...

Kanthavel

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:00 AM

Answers

• Hello!,

you have two nice ways of doing this, either to modify the webpart properties for the specific content editor webparts to match your width and height requirements or you can apply css classes to your markup in the content editor webparts or to their parent WPzones and control their size with a CSS file

if you only need to do this on a page or two the webpart properties are the best way of doing it, if they are reusable then you can export the updated content editor and add it in to the wp gallery

ASKcsp

• Proposed as answer by Emir Liu Monday, October 15, 2012 2:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:43 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:42 AM
  • Hello!,

you have two nice ways of doing this, either to modify the webpart properties for the specific content editor webparts to match your width and height requirements or you can apply css classes to your markup in the content editor webparts or to their parent WPzones and control their size with a CSS file

with the CSS approach you can specify the style as overflow:hidden which will get rid of any scroll bars

ASKcsp

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hi..

I have a page which has content editor webparts.. i want to reduce the size of each webpart using sharepoint designer 2010.. can anyone help me ...

Kanthavel

• Merged by Emir Liu Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:08 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

what do you want to mean by reducing the size?

Reducing the height and width of your webparts?

Nuno Costa

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Ya.. i tried reducing it by changing the height and width ... But i get a scroll bar if i do so.. without a scroll bar i want the spacing between two webparts to be reduced..

Kanthavel

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:24 AM
  • Hi Kanthavel Sekar,

Please follow the below steps to reduce size of webpart:

• Open Sharepoint Designer
      • Open page that contains Content Editor web part
      • Right click this web part and find the Tag properties
      • Select appearance and adjust your height and width properties

Please let me know if you need further help.

Thanks,

Paras Sanghani

http://parassanghani.blogspot.com/

Mark As Answer if it helped you.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:24 AM
  • Hi Paras Sanghani,

I tried changing the height and width.. but i get a scroll bar.. i want the spacing between two webparts to get reduced...

Kanthavel

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:27 AM
  • Hi Kanthavel Sekar,

you may need to change your style property inside of your web parts. Please check your CEWP and find height and width tag in it, try to change it.

I hope it will resolve your problem.

Thanks and Regards, Shailesh B. Davara

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:29 AM
  • Hi Paras Sanghani,

I tried changing the height and width.. but i get a scroll bar.. i want the spacing between two webparts to get reduced...

Kanthavel

Hi Kanthavel,

You will get a scrollbar in webparts due to more content in your  content webpart not able to fit in specified height and width.

You can adjust the spacing between two webparts by configuring the parent div control or other parent container control such as table style properties.

Please let me know if you need further help on same.

Thanks,

Paras Sanghani

http://parassanghani.blogspot.com/

Mark As Answer if it helped you.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:44 AM
  • This can be achieved using browser also.

You can go to Edit Page and Edit Content Editor Web Part and set the width and height paratmeters as per your requirement.

Thanks, Bhadr

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:04 AM
  • Hello!,

if you only need to do this on a page or two the webpart properties are the best way of doing it, if they are reusable then you can export the updated content editor and add it in to the wp gallery

ASKcsp

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:42 AM
  • Hello!,

with the CSS approach you can specify the style as overflow:hidden which will get rid of any scroll bars

ASKcsp

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:48 AM