Old emails continually being downloaded in Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have Outlook 2013 (not Exchange).  It continuously downloads old emails (from AOL) despite the same emails being archived in Outlook.  This problem is causing me to lose faith in this product.  Also, the size limit is ridiculous - older versions do not have this.

Friday, August 17, 2018 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Raymond,

>> It continuously downloads old emails (from AOL) despite the same emails being archived in Outlook.

Have you checked in the webmail to see if the issue also occurs there?
    What's the type of your account? 

If you are using POP account, please check the Account settings and see if the checkbox of Leave a Copy of messages on the sever is selected, try clearing the checkbox and monitoring to see the result:

If you are using IMAP account, based on my knowledge this should not happen since IMAP uses OST files in Outlook which will sync all items between your Outlook client and sever. So generally if you have archived the old items in Outlook, the archived things will be removed from sever.

Please feel free to post back with any updates.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, August 20, 2018 2:22 AM
  • Hi Raymond,

Just checked in to see how everything is going on with the issue. Any update will be appreciated.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 3, 2018 9:00 AM