Installing SQL Server 2008 Standard RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Listers,

I tried to install SQL Server 2008 Standard version but kept failing.

The generated error message says, 

.... Software Repository\Server\SQL Server 2008\SQL Server 2008Standard 32-64bit\x64\setup\sql_engine_core_shared_msi\PFiles32\SqlServr\100\Tools|Binn\Schemas\sqlservr\2004\bulkload\pkz_pec.xsd. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I verified that the file doesn't exist. What should I do?

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:52 PM

Answers

• Why you aren't installing directly from DVD?
    With best regards, Yasser Zamani
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:05 PM
  • Proceed the setup directly from DVD or else copy the entire DVD content to local disk and then start the installation.

Vidhya Sagar. Mark as Answer if it helps!
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 3:02 AM

All replies

• Why? is your installation media corrupted?
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:36 PM
  • We got the installation DVD and copied and pasted the missing file and installation got going. Then we found another file missing. I guess I should keep on copying the missing files from the DVD.
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:51 PM
  • Why you aren't installing directly from DVD?
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:05 PM
  • Proceed the setup directly from DVD or else copy the entire DVD content to local disk and then start the installation.

Vidhya Sagar. Mark as Answer if it helps!
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 3:02 AM
  • Sorry guys - It did not work - I've been trying to install it multiple times. Copying to different locations did not work. Files are located where should also play with folder access rights hasn't given me anything useful.

It still says that :

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Setup

------------------------------

The following error has occurred:

Source file not found: D:\x86\setup\sql_engine_core_shared_msi\PFiles\SqlServr\100\Tools\Binn\schemas\sqlservr\2004\bulkload\format\pkz_pec-.xsd.  Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=20476&ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=setup.rll&EvtID=50000&ProdVer=10.0.1600.22&EvtType=0xF45F6601%25401201%25401

BUTTONS:

OK

I'm having Windows 7 Ultimate + SQL Server 2008 Enterprise - freshly downloaded from my msdn subscription.

Monday, April 26, 2010 6:27 PM
  • Ok, I've found it. This file "pkz..." was really missing. While trying to copy it from dvd I received error saying that the file could not have been copied as it was "Invalid MS-DOS function." Finally I've found it somewhere on the web http://4-ch.net/tech/kareha.pl/1121307180/ they advice to copy files through zipped folder. So I did it and than it worked. I guess it all was caused because .iso file was mounted through badly working Daemon Tools software (?) Unfortunatelly than I have fallen in another place - Instalation reported problem no: 2337 . :-) Whatever it is I will start searching again in another places.
    Monday, April 26, 2010 7:20 PM
  • Finally...

2337 says that iso file is probably corrupted so :

1. I've tried to burn dvd - no success

2. Once again I've tried to copy everything again using zip compress/decompress technique from my iso mounted by daemon tools software. - worked ! Finally I have working sqlserver 2008 installation !

Monday, April 26, 2010 9:04 PM