none
Only Tenant administrators can add or give access to this app

Question

• I have created office 365 developer account through MSDN subscription. Now i am unable to install our app hosted in store through Share point site collection.

I am getting a message "Sorry, only tenant administrators can add or give access to this app". 

What changes do i need to make in my app or site ? Please help

Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:00 PM

Answers

• The app you are trying to install app might be set to access tenant level permissions. If you are the developer verify your app permissions in manifest. In that case only the tenant level admin would be able to install. 

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Friday, September 2, 2016 3:40 PM

All replies

• Since you mention a developer account I assume you are trying to load your App for further development.  to do that you need to load the app from source code, not from the packaged app in the store.  Side loading the app from the source code is only possible in a developer site, but will bypass the store and the need to be a tenant admin to load the app.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:42 PM
  • Thanks for your answer, the app (https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104380108&sourcecorrid=ad3223f8-433d-487d-844b-674e0bde277a&searchapppos=0&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&appredirect=false) which we have created, used to work properly even for the accounts which are created through (office 365) MSDN subscription.

Since last release it is behaving incorrectly. I am very new to office 365 and sharepoint. How can I get this working again

Thursday, September 1, 2016 6:44 PM
  • Hi Nitin,

Did you meet this error when installing all the apps from SharePoint store or only the one provided in your second post?

I have added the app you provided in my SharePoint online site, I found that the app need some permissions that need to be granted by administrators.

Does this issue occur with all the accounts? Please use an account who can grant the permissions that the app needs to install the app.

By the way, you have mentioned “last release” in your post, could you please let us know what the release is?

Thanks,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, September 2, 2016 9:35 AM
  • Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your reply.

The last release means, this app was working properly with version 1.0 which we had uploaded, since we have republished the app to the store it is creating issues. 

We have one paid tenant and i tried to install the application there with Global admin account it worked. Rest all other admin accounts in the paid tenant are not able to install this. 

When i try to install the application in my sitecollection (which is created through MSDN) it does not work. I am able to install other apps in my site collection

So what kind of permissions are required to make this application install, either through code or portal ? Please help me on this

Regards,

Nitin

Friday, September 2, 2016 12:46 PM
  • The app you are trying to install app might be set to access tenant level permissions. If you are the developer verify your app permissions in manifest. In that case only the tenant level admin would be able to install. 

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Friday, September 2, 2016 3:40 PM