Exchange 2010 Management Console RRS feed

• Question

• I'm taking over management of an Exchange 2010 environment which includes 2 front end servers, and 2 mailbox servers that are in a DAG.  When attempting to open the management console I receive the following error from any of the servers:

The following error occurred while configuring Help links: Exception calling "GetSteppablePipline" with "1" argument(s): "AuthorizationManager check failed."

Any ideas?  So far I've tried setting the execution policy to unrestricted which didn't fix the issue.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:12 PM

Answers

• Please check if there’s any further related event in the application log on the servers

Please check if the issue happens on the other administrators with org permissions

Please try to establish a remote powershell connection via command console, see if there’s any further information for troubleshooting

Connect Remote Exchange Management Shell to an Exchange Server

Please refer the article below to troubleshoot the issue

Resolving WinRM errors and Exchange 2010 Management tools startup failures

Please run ExBPA against the exchange server for health and permission check

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:52 AM
    Monday, March 28, 2011 8:17 AM

All replies

• Seems like you have permission issue!
    Are you running RTM or SP1? 
    Gulab | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2010 | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2007 | MCC 2011 | Skype: Gulab.Mallah
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:32 PM
  • According to add/remove it's 14.1.218.15 which I believe is SP1.  I made sure my account was a member of the Organization Management group.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:44 PM
  • Please check if there’s any further related event in the application log on the servers

Please check if the issue happens on the other administrators with org permissions

Please try to establish a remote powershell connection via command console, see if there’s any further information for troubleshooting

Connect Remote Exchange Management Shell to an Exchange Server

Please refer the article below to troubleshoot the issue

Resolving WinRM errors and Exchange 2010 Management tools startup failures

Please run ExBPA against the exchange server for health and permission check

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:52 AM
    Monday, March 28, 2011 8:17 AM