none
Scripts.admx settings not displayed in Group Policy Management Editor

Question

• I have been using ADMX central Store for years. All ADMX templates are working fine with the exception of SCRIPTS.ADMX. I am not finding  any settings from this template in GP Editor under Computer\Administrative Templates\System\Logon.

All other ADMX that I have loaded Office, Skype etc are working.

I am using Win7-Windows2008R2 ADMX templates. Downloaded a fresh copy from MS and copied to domain controller to

C:\Windows\SYSVOL_DFSR\sysvol\<domain fqdn>\Policies\PolicyDefinitions (and the en-us folder) where all the other ADMXes are - no success.

Copied them to the local copy on c:\windows\PolicyDefinitions - no success.

Domain is Win2008R2, upgraded from Win2003. Tried from domain controller and other workstations.

Administrative templates are showing "Policy definitions (ADMX files) retrieved from the central store"

What am I missing?

• Edited by I.A Monday, November 28, 2016 11:55 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2016 11:21 PM

Answers

• Oops, found them. They seem to be in Computer\Administrative Templates\System\Scripts
    • Marked as answer by I.A Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:32 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:32 AM

All replies

• Oops, found them. They seem to be in Computer\Administrative Templates\System\Scripts
    • Marked as answer by I.A Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:32 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:32 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your posting here and sharing the resolution in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 2:27 AM