HP Blade System Port that it uses to connect to SCOM? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a HP Blade Device that needs to be monitored using SCOM. I have installed the agents and the Management Pack successfully but there is some port issue due to which this is not able to connect to SCOM Management Server. I am not able to find the exact Port on which it works. 

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I believe it uses SNMP, the SNMP traffic usually are 161 (SNMP) and 162 (SNMPTRAP), you can read the SCOM Integration Kit guide for more information:

HPE SCOM Integration Kit (v 3.1) User Guide

Are you using the OneView appliance or not?

What generation of HPE blade servers do you want to monitor with SCOM?

Which management pack did you install?

If you're using HPE servers (G6 to Gen10), HPE Synergy, BladeSystem enclosures, HPE Virtual Connect, and HPE 3PAR storage arrays that are being managed by HPE OneView, you should use the HPE OneView Management Pack.

If you're using HPE BladeSystem C3000 and C7000 enclosures that are not managed by HPE OneView, you should use the HPE BladeSystem management pack, the most current version is version 1.80.

• HPE ProLiant Server Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager uses SNMP or WBEM to monitor the health of HPE ProLiant servers running the Microsoft Windows Server operating system.
    • HPE BladeSystem Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager monitors the health of HPE BladeSystem enclosures.

If I recall correctly, you were using SCOM 2016? The "problem" is that this version of the management pack has still not been updated for SCOM 2016, but you can however still monitor your HPE servers, this has been talked in THIS thread.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:21 AM
  • We are using HPE BladeSystem C7000. We have imported the HPE BladeSystem Management Pack with version 1.80. When we are trying to add any HP Blade Servers in the HP Blade Enclosure Monitor Manager, it is throwing an error as shown below:

How should we proceed further with this?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:46 AM
  • Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:00 AM
  • The BladeSystem MP is just for the enclosures.

You still need the ProLiant Server MP for the actual blade servers. Note that this will not support ProLiant Gen10 servers - as mentioned above, a better plan is to use the HPE OneView MP, which will support both the servers and enclosures

Thanks,

Doug

Thursday, August 1, 2019 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

were you able to get it working? Really appreciate your feedback. 

Thnaks in advance!

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 3:01 PM