none
On Project Server 2007 SP3 Project Manager security group members not appearing in the "Project Managers (Microsoft Office Project Server)" permission group in the PWA site. RRS feed

• Question

• On Project Server 2007 SP3, has anyone else noticed that you need to grant the Project Manager security group "Manage Lists in Project Web Access" in order to get the group members into the "Project Managers (Microsoft Office Project Server)" permission group in the PWA site? Not so for the individual project web sites. Odd I thought.

Friday, September 14, 2012 4:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Al Blake,

"Manage Lists in Project Web Access" is a global permisison

By default Project Manager group has this permission enabled. May be someone has changed it  in your PWA instance.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 14, 2012 5:15 AM
  • Thanks Hrishi,
    I know it is a default value but in our environment we turned it off for governance reasons.
    However, I could not find anything anywhere on the web that actually documents this "feature". 
    I have now turned it back on as part of an ongoing investigation into all the causal factors of an excess of Access Denied messages on both the PWA and project web sites.
    I know it is the SynchronizeSingleUserMembershipInWssMessage job that causes the problem when it deadlocks or is cancelled. What is not quite clear yet is all the other things that can trigger this job.
    I know about Save User and Save Group in PWA but there seems to be another one or two lurking in the background. We dont use AD sync by the way and , yes, we have a big resource pool so making changes to the PM security group is forbidden due to fact that last run took 20 hours to complete !

Any ideas or sources to look at?

AL

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:18 PM