none
SYSVOL / DFS Replication issues

Question

•  

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for a problem I have been trying to troubleshoot for a while now.
    The SYSVOL replication at the college I work at has stopped replicating between the 3 domain controllers.

Seems to be throwing a DFS database error every hour :

First Error : 1:34:45PM The DFS Replication service successfully recovered from an internal database error on volume C:. Replication has resumed on replicated folders on this volume. 

Additional Information: 
    Volume: 758BD457-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Database: C:\System Volume Information\DFSR

Second Error : 1:34:45PM The DFS Replication service has detected an unexpected shutdown on volume C:. This can occur if the service terminated abnormally (due to a power loss, for example) or an error occurred on the volume. The service has automatically initiated a recovery process. The service will rebuild the database if it determines it cannot reliably recover. No user action is required. 

Additional Information: 
    Volume: C: 
    GUID: 758BD457-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX

Third Error : 1:34:45PM The DFS Replication service failed to recover from an internal database error on volume C:. Replication has been stopped for all replicated folders on this volume. 

Additional Information: 
    Error: 9214 (Internal database error (-1605)) 
    Volume: 758BD457-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Database: C:\System Volume Information\DFSR

As you can see they all occur within a second of each other.

I have found some information on fixing it, but I am not sure what will happen as they are a bit vague. I have a full backup of all the SYSVOL/NETLOGON share so I can replace anything that needs to be replaced, I am just a bit reluctant to cause any more damage as we also had a DNS issue recently. I believe a restore fixed the DNS issue, but upon doing the restore I have created this new problem

Any assistance would be muchly appreciated, thank you in advance

Friday, May 18, 2018 5:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Worked this out, it was a quota issue on the SYSVOL.

All fixed, thanks everyone!

Luke Bayley

• Marked as answer by Luke Bayley Monday, May 21, 2018 11:44 PM
    Monday, May 21, 2018 11:44 PM

All replies