locked
Document library view problem after rename RRS feed

  • Question

  • A user reported being unable to access her documents and folders in one of her site's document libraries. She had decided to edit the doc library in datasheet, then in that view, rename all her folders. After she completed the rename and saved, the links that displayed on the page no longer worked - they appeared on the page, but did nothing when clicked. Not only that, but even the welcome user link at the top of the page was broken.

    I found that, by accessing the site via sharepoint designer, the view she was using was marked as being customized. I restored it to the site default and the links began working again.

    Is there a known issue with renaming folders within a datasheet?

    Thank you

    Friday, January 6, 2012 1:51 PM

Answers

  • There shouldn't be any automatic issue with renaming the folders like that. And renaming folders like that should not have resulted in the view showing as customised in SharePoint Designer.

    This coupled with the errors with the welcome control would make me think that the page was also edited and that some change was made, either to the standard web part, or to some other part of the page, that was causing a javascript error in the page. This would explain why links would not work and why reverting the page to the site definition would fix it.

    • Marked as answer by lwvirden Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:13 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 10:25 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Are you using any hard coded URLs in your page? In such cases they will get broken if you change them in the way you have expressed.


    Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 11:03 AM
  • There shouldn't be any automatic issue with renaming the folders like that. And renaming folders like that should not have resulted in the view showing as customised in SharePoint Designer.

    This coupled with the errors with the welcome control would make me think that the page was also edited and that some change was made, either to the standard web part, or to some other part of the page, that was causing a javascript error in the page. This would explain why links would not work and why reverting the page to the site definition would fix it.

    • Marked as answer by lwvirden Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:13 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 10:25 AM