none
Adding an attachment to Notification Email Template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to add an attachment to a FIM 2010 notification email template?  We are creating a text file of all new users added to AD from HR, this list is emailed to the service desk.  I would like to do this as part of the workflow which runs the provisioning SR.

Thanks

Johan Marais

JkM6228

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:19 AM

Answers

• The answer is yes since you can use html in your email template so you can use a regular a-tag, this means you can also use pictures etc. but you have to store them somewhere else.

//Henrik

Henrik Nilsson, Forefront Identity Manager MVP Blog Twitter My employer - Cortego

• Marked as answer by Johan Marais Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:50 PM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:22 PM

All replies

• Johan-

The in-box activity can't do this. You'd need to write a custom activity or otherwise implement the process with something built for this.

My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com

• Proposed as answer by _REE_ Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:21 PM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:40 PM
  • Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Two more questions then:

1. Can a hyperlink be included in the notification message to the location of the file?

2. Can the contents of the Set which is list of all affected users be included in the message?

Thanks

Johan Marais

JkM6228

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:06 AM
  • The answer is yes since you can use html in your email template so you can use a regular a-tag, this means you can also use pictures etc. but you have to store them somewhere else.

//Henrik

Henrik Nilsson, Forefront Identity Manager MVP Blog Twitter My employer - Cortego

• Marked as answer by Johan Marais Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:50 PM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:22 PM
  • Henrik,

Thanks, I will try it.

Regards

Johan

JkM6228

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:51 PM