none
CAS Array multiple sites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have 2 Mailbox Servers and 2 CAS, HT server all in one AD site (main office).

In AD I have multiple sites.

When I created the CAS Array I used the -site switch to set the site the CAS array is located in (main office with the Exchange servers).

My question is, Will the clients in the remote sites will be OK, and connect to the main office site or they will look for a local CAS server ?

I'm trying to understand what the -site switch in the New-ClientAccessArray do and how the remote sites client will connect to the main site if you configure the CAS array in the main site.

Thanks,

Simon

MCSA, MCSE, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCTS:Exchange Server 2010 Config, CCNA
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:03 AM

Answers

• The clients (no matter what AD site they are in) if configured for TCP/MAPI will try to connect to whatever value is stored in the RpcClientAccessServer attribute on their mailbox database. If this value is the CAS Array in your main site, then they will use it.
    Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
    MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
    MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
    Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
    My posts are provided “AS IS” with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Simon201 Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:28 AM
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:10 AM

All replies

• The clients (no matter what AD site they are in) if configured for TCP/MAPI will try to connect to whatever value is stored in the RpcClientAccessServer attribute on their mailbox database. If this value is the CAS Array in your main site, then they will use it.
    Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
    MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
    MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
    Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
    My posts are provided “AS IS” with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Simon201 Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:28 AM
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:10 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply, now it makes sense.

MCSA, MCSE, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCTS:Exchange Server 2010 Config, CCNA
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:29 AM