SharePoint error randomly appears RRS feed

• Question

• The following error randomly appears and then fixes itself. I need to remedy for good.

An error occurred while rendering navigation for the requested URL /project/peoplesoft.

Exception message: The context has expired and can no longer be used.

There is more but nothing has been moved, deleted or has expired.

Please help.

Thanks

Friday, April 25, 2014 7:08 PM

All replies

• Whenever I hear about intermittent issues I think of load balancing. Do you have multiple web front ends that are load balanced? If so, modify your host file to point to each specific one to check if a particular server is consistently showing the error. (Remember you have to close all IE windows to ensure the new settings are used). That'll give you a good place to start, a reboot may even fix it.

Otherwise, please post more details about the specific error. Also, does it happen with all users or just some? Is there any pattern to when is works and doesn't work? Etc..

Friday, April 25, 2014 7:51 PM
  • Great point with the load balanced servers, yes we have two web servers that are load balanced. Not everyone gets the errors.

I am going to look into this some more, I will let you know.

Thanks much

Friday, April 25, 2014 7:57 PM
  • According to the our information, one of the WFE is bad guy.

do the following things to fix the issue.

1) take one server out of load balancer at a time and hit the site, do this for both server and you will get the bad server.

2) reset IIS on that server(Bad).

3) test it now.

Also check this one as well:

http://altaf-pinjari.blogspot.in/2011/04/error-context-has-expired-and-can-no.html

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Friday, April 25, 2014 8:46 PM
  • Sorry was out of the office, I will try these suggestions now
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:30 PM
  • In trying to troubleshoot this I have enabled the developer Dashboard. However it shows blank. I have verified that the Usage and Health data collection service application is created and running. I have also verified that at least 5% of memory is available. 32% free was the worst I saw on any of the servers in the farm.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:15 PM
  • Thank you everyone for your help, the problem is deeper then I figured and I have opened a case with Microsoft premier support. How do I mark this closed with no solution?

Thursday, May 1, 2014 4:37 PM
  • Hello,

>How do I mark this closed with no solution?

Please come back to thread and provide us the solution which works for you so this could also help other.

Later you can mark your own answer or let us know by saying that problem is resolved so we will close this thread.

[Moderator]

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Monday, May 5, 2014 9:46 AM