How to abbreviate attachment title in Outlook 2016 ProPlus RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using Outlook 2016 ProPlus for months without issue, then suddenly yesterday my attachment icons became enormous and take up an obscene amount of visual space on my small monitor. Where attachments used to take approx. 1 inch of visual space, they are now taking over 3 inches for each attachment. Imagine having an email that includes 10 attachments and you can see how obnoxious this is.

I've determined that part of the problem is that I'm suddenly seeing the full attachment name rather than just the front piece of it followed by an ellipses, as I was just yesterday. However, even short-titled attachments are also huge with excess visual space at the end IF they are included in an email that contains other larger attachment names. All attachments in the email have been reformatted to be the same length as each other, rather than just the length of their title. 

Please advise how to shrink the size of attachment icons back to 1 inch in width OR include this functionality asap!

• Moved by Steve Fan Friday, March 30, 2018 7:04 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you provide a screenshot of these attachments so that we can understand the issue more clearly? If you cannot upload images in this forum currently, you can send the screenshot to us via GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com. (Please include the URL of current thread in the message so that we can easily identify your thread)

Does this issue happen with other button icons on Outlook ribbon? Are other programs affected by this issue?

Have you tried restarting your computer to see the result? We may also try to run a repair of your Office installation and then check the result. For your convenience:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, April 2, 2018 10:06 AM
    Friday, March 30, 2018 7:04 AM