none
public folder - room resource booking RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a "Board Room" calendar in our Exchange 2007 (sp3 rollup5) environment.

Setup seems to be OK. However, when one user books the room as a resource via meeting request, another user cannot see it.

Have verified the the second user has "Editor" permissions and should be able to see the room booked by my estimation.

Amy I missing something? We are using a mixture of Outlook 2002, 2003, and 2007.

Thanks, Tom W.

JTW

Friday, February 10, 2012 10:00 PM

All replies

• Check the permission on the calendar and see if Default has Free/Busy Read permisison.

Sukh

Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:35 PM
  • Thanks Sukh,

Do you mean within Outlook or on the Exchange server?

JTW

Monday, February 13, 2012 4:08 PM
  • Outlook would be easier.

Sukh

Monday, February 13, 2012 4:25 PM
  • Sukh,

I don't see such a permission available to select.

Within Outlook I can select "Default". Read permissions offer a choice of either "None" or "Full Details". The latter is already chosen. I see no "Free/Busy" options.

Further advice? I am running Outlook 2010 x64 connecting to our Exchange 2007 sp3 rollup5 box.

Thanks, Tom W.

JTW

Monday, February 13, 2012 5:43 PM
  • So if you login as the boardroom room mailbox (you have to enable the account in AD).

Then launch Outlook, right click calendar, you don't see the Default with Free/Busy Permission?

Are you sure it's a room mailbox and you have permission to it?

Sukh

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:18 PM
  • Thanks Sukh,

It is a room mailbox and I've just changed the password in AD. Will attempt logging on as that user.

Didn't realize I needed to log on to Outlook as that user since my user is an "Owner" of that particular calendar. Figured I could do what was necessary from there.

Will post an update after I see what I can logged in as that room user directly.

JTW

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:25 PM
  • OK, I logged in as the calendar user. What I saw was that Default had "Full Details" access given, which seems a higher permission level than just "View Free/Busy".

Anonymous had no permissions set so I gave it "Reviewer" rights. It's confusing that I cannot manage the permissions in their entirety without logging as the calendar user itself.

Further suggestions?

JTW

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:55 PM
  • Default should have Free/Busy

Anonymous should be none.

I assume all trying to access are internal users who will be authenticated.

Also, are you just trying to open the calendar of the room mailbox logged in as the user. 

The above should work.

Create a new test user (outlook online mode and test).

Sukh

Monday, February 13, 2012 7:01 PM
  • If you have given reviewer, then this should work 100%.

Sukh

Monday, February 13, 2012 7:15 PM
  • OK,

So what happens is, when I create an appointment/meeting req by right-clicking on the calendar date and adding the room resource, my end-user can see the meeting booked. However, when I simply create a new meeting req and add this room as a "room" resource she cannot see the meeting booked.

Yes my test user is an internal AD account authenticated on same domain and she is "Publishing Editor" level in the public folder permission side.

What would cause this discrepancy?

TIA!

JTW

Monday, February 13, 2012 7:18 PM
  • not sure how you are accessing the calendar.

The way I am, is by adding the calendar by right clicking my calendar and adding a room mailbox calendar and I can see the f/b.

I dont follow how you are doing it.

Sukh

Monday, February 13, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Was simply creating a meeting request as if it were a new mail item (ie. not accessing the calendar).

When I do it the way you describe - right-clicking my own calendar and adding the room - it appears the same way on the public folder calendar, greyed out looking.

When I create the meeting request by right-clicking on the public folder calendar itself, the meeting appears in bold and our other user can see it.

Further insights?

JTW

Monday, February 13, 2012 9:50 PM
    1. When I create a new meeting (On the tool bar, select Home, then New Items, Meeting.  Then on the new meeting, select Room Finder, then select the room.  It shows you the conflicts on the right hand pane and above the To.  I see it doesn't show the conflict or meeting in bold as you would expect, but it does show in 2 places on the meeting request.

Sukh

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:05 AM