no sound coming out of my laptop HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• good day

my laptop stooped playing any type of sound, i followed the instructions from previously asked questions and answers however, i have been unsuccessful.  i followed the whole service.msc instruction however when i try start the windows audio services its says: the accountant specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process. i dont know what to do i'm really confused, please help.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Since when this problem started?

Did you download or installed any programs before problem started?

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:21 PM
  • well my friend inserted a USB with a virus on it however i cleaned it and my computer is fine but the last program i installed was Google earth
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:27 PM
  • Hi nkulio,

Is the "windows audio" service running now?

Please refer to the following link to have a troubleshoot (Reinstall the sound card driver should be the first step ,then run the troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic)
    No sound in Windows
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-HK/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-7&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab3&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

"well my friend inserted a USB with a virus on it however i cleaned it and my computer is fine "
    Considering the machine has been injected before ,it is recommended to take the following steps to have a troubleshoot .
    1.Perform a full scan with an antivirus software in safe mode
    2.Run "sfc /scannow "to check the health of the system files .
    As for starting the service ,please check the following link (Take TaterNutz`s suggestion and No.Compromise`s suggestion to have a check)
    Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process. When attempting to start the Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/error-1079-the-account-specified-for-this-service/d0f13130-f166-4524-a88e-9338963352a9

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:42 AM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 5:55 AM