Windows Server 2016 WSUSServer - Cannot Download Updates (Synchronization OK) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I encountered a serious issue blocking me since 3 weeks: I have no firewall/proxy blocking my connection but WSUS Server can synchronize without problems but CANNOT download Updates.

The Server creates temporary files .tmp with 0KB size

Wsus is working correctly as you can see:

Please someone can help me?

BBG is waiting for you...

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 4:53 PM

Answers

• SOLVED.

It was the Firewall Service disabled. Once running, BOOM, the updates are being downloaded.

• Marked as answer by Fausto Grossi Friday, February 16, 2018 3:11 PM
    Friday, February 16, 2018 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Any error related to "Windows server update services"  under application in event viewer :

Please also check if BITS service is running well .

Any further information please feel free to let us know .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:38 AM
  • Hi,

1. Keep this guide for WSUS troubleshooting,

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Troubleshooting-WSUS-d63da113

2. Check what option you have selected as below,

From WSUS console,

Option --> Go Update files and Languages,

If you have selected "Download Update Files to this server only when updates are approved"

Updates are not download until you approve....

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

Any error related to "Windows server update services"  under application in event viewer :

Please also check if BITS service is running well .

Any further information please feel free to let us know .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thank you for your answer,

I checked that BITS is running well.

I would add that ther is a wierd behaviour on WSUS Server. The WsusContent Folder is being populated of temporary files of 0KB, like WSUS Serice is trying to download the updates but something is going wrong and the dimension remain the same ( 0KB).

Friday, February 16, 2018 2:22 PM
  • Hi,

1. Keep this guide for WSUS troubleshooting,

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Troubleshooting-WSUS-d63da113

2. Check what option you have selected as below,

From WSUS console,

Option --> Go Update files and Languages,

If you have selected "Download Update Files to this server only when updates are approved"

Updates are not download until you approve....

I followed your hint and I unchecked the "Download Update files to this server only when updates are approved" but nothing changes.

I would add that ther is a wierd behaviour on WSUS Server. The WsusContent Folder is being populated of temporary files of 0KB, like WSUS Serice is trying to download the updates but something is going wrong and the dimension remain the same ( 0KB).

Friday, February 16, 2018 2:25 PM
  • Hi refer This article also...

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/wsus/2014/06/17/update-not-available-to-clients-after-approved-by-wsus-update-files-failed-to-download/

I followed your hint and I unchecked the "Download Update files to this server only when updates are approved" but nothing changes.

I would add that ther is a wierd behaviour on WSUS Server. The WsusContent Folder is being populated of temporary files of 0KB, like WSUS Serice is trying to download the updates but something is going wrong and the dimension remain the same (0KB).

Friday, February 16, 2018 2:38 PM
  • SOLVED.

It was the Firewall Service disabled. Once running, BOOM, the updates are being downloaded.

• Marked as answer by Fausto Grossi Friday, February 16, 2018 3:11 PM
    Friday, February 16, 2018 3:11 PM