none
Purpose of Reason for Change on Timesheets RRS feed

• Question

• We are using PWA 2010 for time reporting.  There is a field on the timesheet called "Reason for Change".  The only value I believe I've ever seen in this field is "Not Delayed", however, other possible values (from a Lookup table) are "Under Estimated", "Access to Resources", "Assigned to higher priority work", "Technical issue", "Other".

To my knowledge there is nothing anyone does at my company that changes/sets the value of this field.  Can someone help me understand how it is used? how it is set? its purpose?  I've been looking online but cannot find anything that talks about it.

Thank you

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:52 PM

Answers

• What you are seeing is a custom field, created by your Project Server administrator, or perhaps by a consultant who might have set up your Project Server 2010 system.  I can assure you that this field is NOT a default field.  So, I would suggest that you talk to your Project Server administrator to see if he/she set up this field.  And if not, then I would suggest you talk to your consultant.  And if nobody knows where this field came from, I would recommend that your Project Server administrator remove it from the Timesheet-related views in PWA and then that the field be deleted.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by dennykat Wednesday, September 3, 2014 10:27 PM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:29 PM

All replies

• What you are seeing is a custom field, created by your Project Server administrator, or perhaps by a consultant who might have set up your Project Server 2010 system.  I can assure you that this field is NOT a default field.  So, I would suggest that you talk to your Project Server administrator to see if he/she set up this field.  And if not, then I would suggest you talk to your consultant.  And if nobody knows where this field came from, I would recommend that your Project Server administrator remove it from the Timesheet-related views in PWA and then that the field be deleted.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by dennykat Wednesday, September 3, 2014 10:27 PM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:29 PM
  • Thank you for confirming it is a Custom field.  The people who set up Project Server are no longer here.  When I joined the company 10 months ago I was told I would be the main support person for it and that no one knew it so I would need to learn it myself.  It hasn't been bad but there are things i run across from time to time that I cannot find additional information on.  Again, that you for your response.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:32 PM
  • If my reply answered your question, would you please be so kind as to mark it as the answer to your question?  Thanks!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:38 PM