Server Busy error - does not appear if Task Manager active RRS feed

• Question

•  I have been getting an error message "Server Busy" appearing. The options are "Retry", "switch to" or Cancel". Cancel is greyed out and the the other two have no apparent effect. If I run Task Manager I immediately get a new box appear telling me that Adobe Flash Player wants to make changes to my PC and gives me the option to allow the updat of to reject it. Both of these buttons work but I cannot return to any other open window/tab or program until I have selected either option.

However, no matter what programs I run, if I have started Task Manager, this error does not occur until after I have closed Task Manager. This means I cannot discover where the infection is hiding. I have completed a full scan with McAffee, and with other malware detectors and they have revealed nothing. It seems that whatever has infected my PC is clever enough to avoid revealing itself.

I have a HP 310-1220uk running Widows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1. This has been kept up to date.

Can anybody help with this?

I am not an expert in delving into software so any answers in laymans terms would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Kevin

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 8:48 AM

Answers

• do clean boot and scan this PC inside safe mode without connecting internet

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, April 2, 2014 9:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by 暁北 Monday, April 14, 2014 1:32 PM
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

The “Server Busy” message is a Windows error prompt,
    This message appears whenever there is a resource conflict between two processes in Windows and one of the processes will not release the required resource so that it can be used by another process.

It is possible that Windows thinks there is a network service conflict of some kind; however, adware / spyware can also cause this problem to occur.

Thus like britishdhez said, I would like to suggest you disable unnecessary startup, and then restart your PC for test.

Look forward to your response.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Karen Hu Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:24 PM update
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:24 PM

All replies

• do clean boot and scan this PC inside safe mode without connecting internet

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, April 2, 2014 9:31 AM
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

The “Server Busy” message is a Windows error prompt,
    This message appears whenever there is a resource conflict between two processes in Windows and one of the processes will not release the required resource so that it can be used by another process.

It is possible that Windows thinks there is a network service conflict of some kind; however, adware / spyware can also cause this problem to occur.

Thus like britishdhez said, I would like to suggest you disable unnecessary startup, and then restart your PC for test.

Look forward to your response.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Karen Hu Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:24 PM update
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:24 PM