SharePoint Portal Administration services did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. RRS feed

• Question

• The domain member server operating system windows 2003 standard service pack 2, SharePoint Portal Administration services did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion after applying Microsoft Windows SharePoin Services 2.0 (KB2494007).

Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Jerry,

Could you explain more about the issue you are dealing with? Did you get some time out error or just the performance was lowered?

The following article is the description of this security update, which includes some known issues with this security update

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2494007

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, December 23, 2011 6:56 AM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Jerry,

Could you explain more about the issue you are dealing with? Did you get some time out error or just the performance was lowered?

The following article is the description of this security update, which includes some known issues with this security update

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2494007

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, December 23, 2011 6:56 AM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:30 AM
  • Hi Pengyu,

There was time out error for sharepoint portal administration services during startup process. This problem occurred after I have applied the Security Update for Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 (KB2494007).

I try to start the service manually and the time out error persisted. I have reverted the patch and the service started normally. Hope this clarify your question, thanks!

From Jerry

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:21 AM