none
First Client Sync Status Replica Inconsistent RRS feed

• Question

• I just setup DPM 2010 which is succsessfully backing up Exchange and one of our file servers. But when I try to backup our clients, one is Win7 64 and the other 2 are Win 7 32bit, the status is "Replica Inconsistent, verification in progress" which takes a very long time. I removed the protection group, checked the option to remove the files associated with the clients then recreated the protection group but I am getting the same status.

Any ideas on why this would be happening?

Thanks,

John

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the consistency check ever complete? If not, how long have you let the it run before cancelling it? The clients are online and have network connectivity with the DPM server correct?

Thanks,

Marc

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 3:29 PM
  • I let it run for about 2 hours and there is no change in the status. When a new protection group is created does DPM run a consistency check even though there is nothing to compare it to? When I set these up I had to manually install the agent (our DPM server was referenced in the command) then attach it in DPM.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:58 PM
  • Hi,

What was the reason you had to manually install the agent? Perhaps there is a firewall issue blocking the DPM traffic? Can you disable the firewall on a client and test? The best way to do this on a Win7 client is to run "net stop BFE" from an elevated command prompt.

You may want to check for errors in the DPM client logs (c:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\Temp.  Look at the DPMRACurr.errorlog and the DPMClientProtectionCurr.errorlog

Thanks,

Marc

• Proposed as answer by MarcReynolds Friday, July 15, 2011 2:31 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 3:47 PM