none
Only Display Name should be seen while we send email to external user

Question

• Hi ,

I am having a query regarding email flow for external users.

While i send an email to internal users i can see only the display name on the From field. Same way if i send email to external users it shows my display name with email address. Is there any way it should only show the display name without email address.

I am using exchange on premises. 

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 12:42 PM

All replies

• This is the first time I've ever heard anyone request this.  Generally seeing the e-mail address is preferred so that the recipient understands that the message is from outside.  Here's an example.  Let's say your CEO's name is Joe Blow.  Would you want to allow any Tom, Dick or Harry on the Internet to be able to send an e-mail to everyone in your company that looks like it's from "Joe Blow"?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, October 6, 2017 5:49 AM
  • Hi Champ,

As I replied on another thread you posted, unless you save the external users as contacts, otherwise, the external senders will show display name with email address by default.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 9, 2017 8:04 AM
  • Hi Champ,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:00 AM