none
ODBC DATASOURCE IN DASHBOARD DESIGNER RRS feed

• Question

•     
      * i created the ODBC datasource using the connection string.

"Driver={SQL Server};Server=ptpllabdt2;Database=AdventureWorks"

* how to use the ODBC datasource in the scorecard?
    Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:49 AM

Answers

• Siva, you access ODBC data from within individual the metrics that make up KPIs (actual and targets). These KPIs are then added to scorecards.

Note that the query you execute against the data source must return a scalar value i.e. a one record, one column record set. Here is a sample scalar query:

Code Snippet

SELECT

SUM(SalesAmount) AS SalesAmount

FROM FactResellerSales

Unfortunately ODBC data source cannot be filtered in the same way that multidimensional and tabular data sources can so the value you get from your query will be quite static. 

Cheers,

Nick

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 8:57 AM

All replies

•  

First of all ensure that you have connected to the correct DB.

A SC consists of KPI's and it's in the data mappings of the KPI's where you got to select the datasource you created and then make use of the "Enter Query" box to get the KPI metrics mapped to the required data.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 6:31 AM

• thanx,

can u tell me, which scorecard to use.

* i have to use the existing scorecard
    (or)
     * i have to create new scorecard, if we create new scorecard which one to select Analysis Services or BlankScorecard.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:22 AM
  • Siva, you access ODBC data from within individual the metrics that make up KPIs (actual and targets). These KPIs are then added to scorecards.

Note that the query you execute against the data source must return a scalar value i.e. a one record, one column record set. Here is a sample scalar query:

Code Snippet

SELECT

SUM(SalesAmount) AS SalesAmount

FROM FactResellerSales

Unfortunately ODBC data source cannot be filtered in the same way that multidimensional and tabular data sources can so the value you get from your query will be quite static. 

Cheers,

Nick

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 8:57 AM

• Thanx Nick,

i got it.....
             we have to create a KPI using the ODBC data source.
               then use that KPI in the Scorecard.
    Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:01 PM