none
IE 11 "Waiting for page" RRS feed

• Question

• Having a problem with pages loading on IE 11 and Windows 7 64 bit. I connect with Wi-fi 802.11g. When I am at home and connected all pages load really fast. Here at my sons house I get "waiting for ????" (whatever page I'm trying to load). It will connect but normally takes 1 or 2 minutes to do it. I am writing this question using google chrome because I got tired of wating for IE to load this page. Chrome connects to every page instantly so I know the connection is good.

I have ran the troubleshooter and found nothing wrong. If I try to troubleshoot a specific web address I get a response that the connection if fine but the website is failing to respond. I have tried adding the site to the compatibility list with no change. I have disabled all add-ons and also no change. 

Once the page does connect then there is no slow down in access of that site. Example...

It will take 2 minutes to load facebook, once loaded I can surf facebook with no delays. But if I cose the browser and re-open it it will again take 1 or 2 minutes to load the page. I can duplicate tab and it will open right away.

This has got me stumped.... HELP????

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 3:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did this issue just occur in Internet Explorer?

Please make sure the distance from your son's house to router is not so far.

Try to turn off hardware acceleration:

1.Open Internet Explorer.

2.Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.

3.On the Advanced tab, select Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:15 AM