none
Which files were restored RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using DPM 2007 for about two years and I have configured it to send me notifications by mail for most of its jobs. What I want to do now, is to let it send me notifications about the restored files. Can this be done? If not by e-mail, is there any other way to check the restored files?

Thank you,

Monday, January 31, 2011 11:53 AM

Answers

• hi Abouliala

The Monitoring/jobs view, helps you know whether restore succeeded or not. You can create a filter specific to observe only recovery related jobs over any period of time you desire so that you can quickly watch for them.

regards,

Thanks VRMURHTY [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 8:01 AM
  • hi Abouliala,

What is more of interest will be the files that failed to be recovered in case of partial success. This information we provide in jobs view. But in case if job succeeds, all files are recovered that are selected for recovery hence we don't show. Also there can be a million files in a volume, it's practically not possible to show all of them.

Thanks VRMURHTY [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, February 14, 2011 9:41 AM

All replies

• hi Abouliala

The Monitoring/jobs view, helps you know whether restore succeeded or not. You can create a filter specific to observe only recovery related jobs over any period of time you desire so that you can quickly watch for them.

regards,

Thursday, February 10, 2011 8:01 AM
  • Hi VRMURHTY,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, Monitoring/jobs can only show you the success or not of the restoration. What I want is that I can know what files or folders were recovered.

Thank you,

Monday, February 14, 2011 9:30 AM
  • hi Abouliala,

What is more of interest will be the files that failed to be recovered in case of partial success. This information we provide in jobs view. But in case if job succeeds, all files are recovered that are selected for recovery hence we don't show. Also there can be a million files in a volume, it's practically not possible to show all of them.

Monday, February 14, 2011 9:41 AM